May 27, 2011

Flipdaddy's Burgers and Beer

I met some friends at Flipdaddy's on Wooster Pike in Mariemont. Their website boasts "Proprietary Beef Blend and 24 Beers on Tap" and I had heard some positive feedback here and there so I was excited to try it out for myself.
I started with the Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale; delicious, although with such a strong flavor I don't think I would enjoy more than one of these.

For dinner I had the Spring Fling, a burger topped with guacamole,cucumbers and pepper jack cheese. It was a delightful combination of toppings (although I was expecting more of them), there is something so refreshing about the flavor of cucumber on sandwiches. Because I had heard good things about the asparagus I substituted my fries. It was good, but no better than the asparagus I make at a home. And for a $2 up charge, I'd say go with the fries.

One of my friends got the Mac Daddy, a burger topped with a fried macaroni and cheese patty. This isn't a menu selection I would make but he gave it good reviews.  I would imagine it was similar to macaroni and cheese with ground beef mixed in it (takes me back to my childhood!) only much much better.
The Gaucho Burger was next, a burger with chimichurri garlic herb spices, provolone and grilled onions.  Isn't it pretty?  I think it tasted just as good. 

So, as I mentioned, leading up to my trip to Flipdaddy's I had heard a lot of great things and my hopes were high.  My burger choice was delicious, but it wasn't "OMG, this is the best thing I've ever tasted in my entire life".  Then I received the bill and I was a bit taken aback.  Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly ok with paying money for good food but my burger plus one beer and tip was $19.  I feel like there are at least 5 other places I can go in the Cincinnati area that offer a burger and beer selection that is just as good, if not better, and I can leave for under $15 dollars.  I also wasn't satiated for the rest of the evening, within less than 2 hours I was hungry again:( 

Although the food was good, Flipdaddy's didn't leave a strong impression and I won't be making any special trips.
Flipdaddy's Burgers & Beers on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment