February 25, 2012

Heavenly Frosted

My favorite co-worker has been telling me all week about her newly-formed addiction to cupcakes.  She stops at Heavenly Frosted (located in Florence, KY) pretty much everyday on her way home from work.  It started with one cupcake and on her next trip she ordered a few and now she's up to half a dozen on each trip! Lucky for me she brought her most recent 1/2 dozen to work:)
Starting at the top left and going clockwise is: salted caramel, I think the one with green and yellow sprinkles is keylime, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, red velvet with cream cheese frosting, and white chocolate raspberry which is topped with a white chocolate and raspberry buttercream swirl.

It was a difficult decision but I went with the Salted Caramel, which is a rich fudgey cupcake that is both filled and topped with salted caramel buttercream.  The buttercream on this thing is insane; very whipped and fluffy texture.  I have to admit I wasted about a tablespoon of the icing, I simply couldn't handle it all.  
One thing I don't like is when chocolate cupcakes have more of a devil's food consistency (dry and not very chocolaty tasting) rather than a rich dark chocolate fudge consistency.  The cake of the salted caramel was perfect and so moist it stuck to the roof of my mouth.  The chocolate covered pretzel topper was also a nice touch.

Heavenly Frosted features daily specials in addition to their everyday cupcakes.  Their flavors sound so unique and I can't wait to try the Coffee and Donuts; a vanilla cupcake dipped in glaze and topped with coffee buttercream!  One more pic for the road...
Yummy in my tummy.

Heavenly Frosted Cupcakes on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment